Thursday, October 14, 2010

Leap of faith

Hello to the digital world of blogging. I've called this posting 'Leap of faith' because it is my first toe into this virtual ocean ... I'm quite tentative about this, because up until a few weeks ago I didn't even follow anyone's blogs & hardly looked at them for any reason. If I did a google search & one came up I might look at that posting but that was it.

But over the last while I seemed to find blogs lying in wait for me everywhere I went. I'd do a search on a topic and the top few results were all blogs. I'd do another search and more blogs. I noticed that some of the same blogs kept coming up.' Hmnn,' I thought, 'these particular bloggers seem to be posting on stuff I'm interested in ... maybe I ought to bookmark them.' So I did, followed them for a while, & liked what I saw. And then at a conference I was talking with someone ... and he asked me did I blog & if not, had I thought about it!

My life has been pretty much a series of lucky falls into things that I like and found interesting ... & by and large I'm quite happy with the way my life has been going. The idea of blogging seemed to be another potential lucky falling ... and far be it from me to buck a trend!

The title of the blog 'The Way Out There' might make more sense if anyone who reads it knows that I am an Anglican priest. It is much too soon for me to pin an absolute definition on what I'm going to put in this blog and leave out ... if it's any help, I'm not in the 'Sinners, repent' way of doing things. My general inclination right now is that it will be musing about what's going on in the world and how that challenges or encourages faith ... and what is there to be learned from that ... if anything.

So, here goes. Not quite a leap into the abyss, sitting safely as I am at my computer in my office with the central heating on, but a shot in the dark nonetheless. Wish me luck. Pray for me if you can.

2 comments:

  1. Great first post and I look forward to reading many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Daniel ... what a mysterious world we live in ... i have no idea how you found my blog (and so quickly!) and how you knew (I suspect) whose it was ... and people think priests don't have special powers!

    ReplyDelete