Friday, October 15, 2010

No where to hide!

Just to show everyone how ignorant I am of how the blogging world works ... I created this blog yesterday and told no one (except my wife!) - I did put a comment on the site of the person who suggested I start blogging that I had followed his advice ... but as far as I'm aware there was no way for anyone to trace that back to my blog! So there I was, thinking that I had plenty of time to find my blogging 'voice' & as I built up confidence I would shyly share with friends and colleagues that I had indeed joined the digital age & invite them to have a peep and give their opinions ... perhaps in a few weeks ... maybe a bit longer ... imagine my surprise when I looked at my blog today (a bit like a child taking out a favourite treasure to admire privately) to find that it had been found! I have a comment! And two followers! Wow ... I have no idea how that happened. The scary thing now is that this means that people are watching ... it's abit like the Oscar Wilde quip: the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about ... in blogging, which is worse: being read or not being read? Oh well - it's out there now (flapping in the breeze for all to see, as I might have said in my navy days) ... we'll just have to see what happens next! And since people are actually reading, perhaps it is time to stop posting about blogging and write something worth reading - let's hope that's possible!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! I know just what you mean about the child with his favourite toy. In fact, I have just written about the "allure" of the visitor counter this morning in a post entitled "do my stats look big in this"?http://bit.ly/ahbuQD

    Hope you enjoy the whole blogging experience, as I have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Richard ... and I've had a look at your blog ... I'll add a link to it or become a follower or whatever it is one does as soon as I figure it all out!

    ReplyDelete