Tuesday, September 11, 2012

50

No, not a comment on 50 shades of grey ... not a riff or a bad pun based on that particular work either ... just a short post to say that I was born this day 50 years ago. I almost said entered this life, but since life begins before we emerge from the womb, I held back on that one. 

Had a nice surprise party on Saturday. And the plan is to have a quiet evening with my family this evening. Other than that, just hoping to have a 'chilled out' day.

I must say, being 50 doesn't feel very different. But then, over the years I've watched people freak about turning 40 and some even at 30, and those 'milestones' never bothered me. Maybe it's because I have always felt, even with the odd hiccup I've faced along the way, that I have had a truly God blessed life?

In any event, happy birthday to me ... but as today is also a day that many remember with pain, perhaps you will spare a moment to add your prayers to mine for their suffering, for the souls of those who perished on 9-11, and that those who were the cause will come to repentance? And I also pray that you, whatever your stage in life, will feel just as blessed as I do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment