Monday, October 1, 2012

a portrait of the blooger as a younger man!

Photo: Thought you might want to remember THIS gentleman!
My friend Lee, a fellow broadcaster from the 'old days' surprised me with the above visual reminder of a past life. More than 20 years have past since that young man above 'moved on' from being a sailor sailing the airwaves, broadcasting 'coast to coast' on an island in the Atlantic that was 10 miles by 15. Hard to believe that I was ever that young.

I have no idea why my eyes are closed in the picture - but I can assure you, I wasn't singing ... that never happened live on air I can assure you! But I'm clearly enjoying myself ... even though I'm probably doing nothing more exiting than extolling the virtues of the base bowling alley or letting the listening audience know about the bargains to be had at the local thrift shop. 

I spent four years at that TV & radio station ... and despite the fact that the military considered Lajes Field remote duty, and something of a hardship location, I loved it. They were some of the happiest days of my life. Thanks for the memories, Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment