Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Good News: I wasn't hacked!



No news is good news they say! In this case, it was very much a non-event ... but for a while google-chrome was blocking access to the blog, saying:

Danger: Malware Ahead! Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on networkedblogs.com. Content from blog.adw.org, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware. Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss and permanent file deletion.


Scary stuff! I had visions of no one ever being able to access my blog again! But I ran it through the online checker to see if any malware was on my site & it said there wasn't. After a lot of head-scratching, I decided to see if I could find anything online about this   blog.adw.org they were saying was the malware distributor. Of course, as soon as I did that, I realised it was the Archdiocese of Washington site, where the most excellent Monsignor Charles Pope blogs. I had a link to his site on my blog roll. So, sadly, I removed the link & that resolved the problem & the blog seems to be running fine now. 

Here's hoping that the Monsignor gets his site sorted soon (if any of you have anyway of contacting him & letting him know, great; I can't as I'm finding that his site is blocked as a source of malware! But, then, I guess, as popular as his site is that he is inundated with people letting him know). Maybe say a prayer for him ... St. Francis de Sales is the patron saint of journalists, which is the closest I can come to finding one for bloggers, so perhaps you might request his intercessions on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment