Sunday, February 24, 2013

your prayers please

If I may, I would ask for your prayers at this time for my mother, Mary, & my mother-in-law, Sarah. 

My mother, who has been seriously unwell for many years, was taken into hospital last night by ambulance. She is now stable, but they think she has perhaps a day or two left. She has defied medical opinion as to how long she might last many times before, but this time her kidneys have almost entirely shut down & it appears that this may truly be her final illness.

My mother-in-law also has been seriously unwell. Some months back she was diagnosed with cancer. The initial prognosis was a short number of years. That has proved to be wildly optimistic; they now believe it is will be a few weeks at best. 

We received these two items of bad news within a few hours of each other. As you can imagine it has been a tough weekend. So if you would, please keep both of them in your prayers; and also, all my family at this time. Thank you and God bless. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry to hear this. I have just said a short prayer and will keep both women, and yourself, in my prayers in the coming days and weeks.

    ReplyDelete