Sunday, January 10, 2016

proud father moment!


I had a lovely 'proud dad' moment at a recent parish carol service (a festival of lessons and carols with an Epiphany theme) when I got to sing 'We three kings' with my two oldest sons. It was made all the better by the fact that due to our recent family bereavement I completely blanked on the fact I had included this item on the programme as a piece with individual voices soloing on the verses ...  and didn't realise my error until late the night before the service! So not only no rehearsals (other than a couple of quick ones on the day) but I didn't even get a chance to ask the boys if they'd do it with me that afternoon until the morning of! They proved themselves real troopers by not only agreeing to help their poor, befuddled old dad out, but doing a good job at the singing.

The next eldest videod it on his smart-phone and posted it to his youtube channel which means I have the chance to share this proud moment (& if you listen careful to the background singing, the youngest son is chiming in lustily on the choruses ... sitting next to the videographer his voice gets picked up pretty well ... meaning that all four of my boys are in the mix with this in one way or another!).

No comments:

Post a Comment